Monday, March 10, 2008

elbow grease & afrobeat.

Turned 25 on February 26th. Mid-life, by my estimates. Longer than I expected. It's cliche, but not making it to 21 in the slums is normalcy. I dig aging in my twenties. Assholes towed my car Friday night. Private parking, apparently. But no signs, no paint, no markings, no No Parking/Private Parking/Reserved. Had to wait until today to get it out. $175 for towing and them keeping it all weekend. $25 parking ticket (thank god I wasn't in Philly, worst city to get towed in). I'd fight it but I don't have the time, money, resources, etc. About to spend a piece of the rent on a new fishing pole. Didn't get any ice fishing done this winter. Never thought I'd be so glad to see the beginnings of spring. Fuck spring. Birds fuck in spring.

I dig BP's post on the 26th. But he needs to up some Readhead Kingpin. That serious hip-hop house shit way before Kanye did his "Stronger" thang. If I wasn't 56k, I'd up "Pump It Hottie".

Upped "Zombie" by Fela Kuti. Y'all need to get hip to some afrobeat. Appreciate it, bastids. That long ass song is a bitch to upload via dial-up.

Fela Kuti - Zombie.mp3

No comments: